You may think a house fire will never happen to you. But what if it does? Are you prepared?
Figuring out what to do after a home fire can be a very stressful and overwhelming process, and it can be hard to decide what to do first. With a little help from your insurance agent, though, you may be able to settle your claim more quickly and get your life back to normal.
Here are the six things you should do after a home fire.
1. Call your insurance agent immediately.
2. Ask about restoration companies that can help with cleaning up soot, boarding up windows, and other construction.
3. Separate damaged property from undamaged property.
4. Save undamaged property from further destruction.
5. Cooperate fully with the insurance company’s investigation.
6. Find somewhere to stay if you can’t live in your home.
SERVPRO of Grand Prairie is here 24/7 365 for all of your restoration needs. Call us today at 972-602-1112, we're waiting to serve you!