Fire Safety Tips
Install Barriers Such as safety Gates Around Fireplaces, Ovens and Furnaces
- Make sure your fireplace is protected by a sturdy screen. Remember that glass screens can take a long time to cool down.
- If you are using a fireplace or wood stove, make sure you burn only seasoned hardwood such as oak, ash or maple.
- If small children live in or visit your home, use a safety gate around your fireplace or wood stove.
Blow Out Candles and Store Matches Out of reach
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn, and always blow them out when you leave the room or before you go to sleep.
- Make a habit of placing matches, gasoline and lighters in a safe place, out of children’s reach. Avoid novelty lighters or lighters that look like toys.
- Teach kids never to play with matches and lighters. Make a habit of placing these items up and away from young children.
SERVPRO of Grand Prairie is here for all of your restoration needs.