Evacuate under the following conditions:
- If you are directed by local authorities to do so. Do so immediately (do not wait!) and be sure to follow their instructions.
- If you live in a mobile home or temporary structure—such shelters are particularly hazardous during hurricanes (no matter how well fastened to the ground).
- If you live in a high-rise building—hurricane winds are stronger at higher elevations.
- If you live on the coast, on a floodplain, near a river, or on an inland waterway.
- If you feel that you are in danger.
Have an arranged meeting place for your family in case you get separated! One of the biggest issues in hurricanes is not knowing if your loved ones are safe. Remember that cell phones may not work. You need to communicate ahead of time (like the “old” days)!
Only return once the authorities declare it is safe. Avoid all flood waters! Never drive or walk on flooded roads.
SERVPRO of Grand Prairie is here for all of your restoration needs.