Make sure that everyone is out of danger of new flood crests, fire, and falling buildings. Assume flood water and flooded materials are contaminated.
- Flood Insurance Claims
If you have flood insurance, contact your insurance adjuster immediately.
- Begin cleanup, salvage, and drying as soon as possible. Do not wait for adjuster. Take photos for use as an inventory. All steps suggested on this page can be taken before an adjuster arrives.
- Clean house so the adjuster can see the damage.
- Keep damaged materials for proof of loss.
- Leave a phone number where you can be reached when the adjuster arrives.
- The adjuster will assess damages to the house. The owner should sign a proof of loss statement. Additional damage can be added when found.
- Contact governmental offices for information.
- If you do not have flood insurance, your homeowner’s insurance likely will not cover the loss. If the flood has been declared a federal disaster by the President, apply for assistance online at http://www.DisasterAssistance.gov
SERVPRO of Grand Prairie is here for all of your restoration needs.